2023 Parade application form
Want to Build and Enter Your Float?
Click to learn more about rules, best practices, and resources to help you.
Parade applications for the 2023 parade
Thank you for your interest in participating in this year's Pacific Palisades Fourth of July Parade, produced by PAPA and our parade coordinator, Pageantry Events.
Our parade accepts entries for musical units, equestrian groups, floats, marching units and vehicles from applicants in the local area and visitors. All entries must be approved by the Parade Committee. Any deviation from parade rules and requirements (detailed below), must be approved by the Parade Committee prior to the acceptance of the parade application. The Parade Committee has the sole authority to approve or decline any application, at its sole discretion, for any reason. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final.
Cost to Participate
In order to defray the cost of the July 4th entries, all entries other than musical units and equestrian units will be charged, as follows:
- Commercial Entries (for-profit business) $750
- Sponsors (basic level) $750
- National/Regional Non-Profits $500
- Local (Palisades area) Non-Profits $250
- Palisades Service Organizations $100
- Individual family entries, neighborhood floats: $25
All others, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, while we appreciate everyone's interest in participating in the parade, only convertible vehicles that are able to transport parade participants are being sought.
The above-referenced cost is per organization, and organizations that share entries shall each be charged the full amount applicable to that entity.
Any entry that displays a for-profit business' name, logo, or personnel shall pay the Commercial Entry cost. PAPA as the sole right to determine which rate an entry shall pay.
Payment must be received in advance of the Parade, no later than June 10th, by check mailed to PAPA, PO Box 1776, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, via Zelle to PalisadesParade@gmail.com or via credit card (including applicable processing fees) at PayPal »
Before completing the application form, please review the following information regarding parade entries:
- All participants shall abide by local, state and federal laws, including but not limited to civil regulations and criminal statutes.
- Health & Safety regulations and protocols in effect on July 4th must be followed at all times
- All participants must be uniformed, costumed, or appropriately attired
- The Parade Committee does not accept entries advocating specific political or social viewpoints
- FORWARD motion must be maintained at all times along the parade route. Penalties will be enforced for stopping along the parade route and in the announcing areas for longer than 60 seconds.
- AT NO TIME IS ANY UNIT ALLOWED TO HAND OUT OR THROW ANYTHING ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE
- No loud noises that interfere with other units is permitted
- No display weapons of any kind may be carried in the Parade without the consent of PAPA
- All entries must fit a classification, and pay the related fee
- The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants, entrants, attendees, volunteers, directors or other people
- All equestrian units and motorized entries must supply a certificate of insurance at the time of application, valid through July 5
- Drivers of vehicles and motorized units must submit a copy of the driver’s license for the driver(s) of the vehicle(s), valid through July 5.
- Floats must be self-propelled or towed if permission is provided in advance by PAPA
- No one under the age of 9 will be permitted to participate without an accompanying guardian. Parents and guardians of those under 18 years old accept full responsibility for their children, and release PAPA for any liability
Violations of any of the above rules is grounds for disqualification and removal from the parade
Parade participants shall check-in at Via de la Paz and De Pauw Street beginning at Noon. To access the Check-In Station, take Radcliffe Avenue to De Pauw Street and avoid the parade staging area and road closure of Via de la Paz.
- Parade entry check-in opens at Noon and closes at 1:30pm
- Parade entries must be in position by 1:45 p.m.
- Equestrian units must be in position by 1:15 p.m.
- Parade will start promptly at 2:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us.